Friday, November 23, 2007

THANKSGIVING

Beating the pie filling and taste-testing (she gets the multi tasking ability from her mom)
Nana and PaPa came bearing gifts. A huge frosty for the front yard- but seems to have made a home in my living room... Lil loved it! Thanks you guys!
Nana and Lilly making the french silk pie.


This year, I held Thanksgiving at my house with my immediate family. I was an awful picture taker- I only have a few to share. My mom and dad and little brother arrived the evening before to start cooking and hang out. Rachel, Jason, and Paisley came the next morning. The menu consisted of:



4 Kinds of Appetizers

(mushroom turnovers/ crab cakes/spinach quiche/and brie)

1 Smoked Turkey

1 Glazed Ham

Mashed Idaho Potatoes/ Gravy

Mom's Famous Sweet Potato Balls

About 60 Green Bean Bundles

(Handrolled by Cordy)

Bread Stuffing

(Courtesy of Dad)

Southern Cornbread Stuffing

(my fav)

3 Dozen Homemade Rolls

(Preston Senior Citizens)

Fresh Farm Corn

no time or oven space for spoonbread :(

BeBe Pineapple Punch

1 Pumpkin Pie

1 Pecan Pie

1 French Silk Pie

1 Pumpkin Cheesecake
I want my family to know how thankful I am for them. Every single one of
you bring something into my life that I would miss not having you there.
i LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU!





2 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Sounds yummy. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! You're quite the woman...hosting Thanksgiving during pregnancy. So when's that baby coming anyways? I'll call you this next week. Kelli

Anonymous said...

You forgot the cranberries. xxxmom