Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Quality Time

'Twas the night before the day that Jen was to be super busy. She didn't go to bed until midnight, and was swiftly awakened at 2:45 AM by the sound of Lilly vomiting all over herself and Daddy (yes she still sleeps with us). After stripping sheets and filthy pajamas, mommy and lilly spent he next 11 hours-- that's right, I said 11 hours on the couch and over the trashcan. Throwing up at least 3 times every hour until the last couple of hours. There wasn't a single sheet, towel, favorite blankie, or pair of pajamas that didn't need to be washed. I'll spare you all the nasty details. Nate wasn't much help either. He had a 14 hour day at work before he came home close to 11 PM and promptly left right before 8 AM (something about a deadline). I called upon my good friend Annie who was happy to deliver some pedialyte to the house. What a life saver! We survived the day and last night everyone was able to get better sleep. Today Lilly is still parked on the couch and before 11 AM, I had 3 knocks on my door. After the third I took 2 seconds to look in the mirror.... SCARY! I guess I got my wish about spending quality time with the munchkin before the new baby comes.... I just hope she observed enough yesterday to be able to hold my hair back for me when I start upchugging. Apparently vomiting when you're 39 weeks along is a little uncomfortable.... so I hear anyway and with my husband gone late every night, the word 'Hell' pops into my head.

I would like to take this time to thank my mom for all those times she had 5 children sick and still managed to care for each of us individually. -- I remember her cleaning out puke bowls, changing sheets, putting on movies, cooking rice and gravy, serving gatorade or sprite with straws, and most important, not letting us (even if we wanted to) resume normal activities, school, or church until she was sure we were ALL better. I have the most amazing mother (and I'm not excluding my dad) - they will be here next week to take care of my sorry butt after having this baby and I couldn't be more grateful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel, samething happen to me yesterday. Hate it. Completly better today though. Let me know if you need anything. Holidays are crazy.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is you are a great mom to hold a kid all day and be so patient..kudos to you!