
For the last month, the
Rexburg LDS Temple has been open to the public to come, learn about, and view the inside. For a week, Nate and I have planned on making the hour and a half drive as a family. I woke up this morning, and the weather was reporting a temperature with wind chill in
Rexburg at -35 degrees. That was at 8 this morning. I was sure we would opt not to go but Lilly woke up and told me 'We go to
da temple huh mom..?'-- and I said 'yes! we are!' That was that so we bundled up and made a day out of it. I have been in a lot of temples and I have to confess that this is the most beautiful have ever seen. The trimmings were a sight and the pictures in the pamphlet they give you DID NO JUSTICE for the amazing detail. My favorite part would be all the artwork- enormous size paintings depicting Christ's life on every wall, in every room, through every hallway. Lilly's favorite were the
chandeliers or diamonds as she describes them. There were crystal sconces that looked like they were just dripping down the walls- and I think Nate was most impressed with the perfection of the craftsmanship in the wood work. I cannot wait to return. Lilly has been talking about getting married in the temple since we left... so apparently, she feels the same way.
1 comment:
LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD FUN. TONYA
Post a Comment