Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Update on Us

So lately, Nate and I have been addicted to that blasted Facebook. And more than that, Mafia Wars on Facebook. I could be better at blogging for sure. It seems, every year, as Springtime comes into view, we have more to do. Here's an update on our family in our little corner of the universe.
In February, Rachel and Paisley came to visit. Paisley will be getting a baby brother in July. She sat in 'time out' a lot while she was here and now that she is gone, Megan has started hitting and shoving.... could that have been through direct osmosis? Pay really is so cute. She makes us laugh with her silly language and high pitched voice. We miss her all the time (except for when we want it to be quiet).

Megan has had molars pushing through for the past couple of months. She seems to be more cranky than I remember Lil being but the extra cuddles never hurt anyone right? Meg loves to watch Baby Einstein videos, pull books off shelves, pans out of cupboards, silverware out of the dishwasher, and scatter hair do dads all over the bathroom. By far her favorite thing to do is read books. First thing in the morning all throughout the day, she will bring a book to me, turn around and start backing up to sit on a lap. She is an independent thinker for sure, doing things her way- always cautious as to not be persuaded otherwise. She eats more than her big sister at every meal and has an ever growing vocabulary.


She is wearing size 5 shoes, size 24 month or 2T clothing, size 4 diaper at almost 15 months old. She seems to be very happy whenever Lilly isn't around- talking more and definitley not as whiny. She demands respect of her own personal space. Shoving is her main defense mechanism for those that invade her bubble. Meg loves LuLu, our dog- she peers at her through the kitchen window saying her name over and over and over. Megan has become an imitator of sorts these days as well. Dancing, flailing her arms like a bug she saw on TV today, carrying a purse in the crook of her arm like her big sis, and scrunching up her face just like me when I'm trying to get her to smile in a picture. This little tot has enough personality to go around. We love her so much.



Lilly is 4 years old, and I have finally come to the point where I feel the need to read a parenting book- maybe one designated for people with girls. Any suggestions?
Lil is enjoying preschool and gymnastics twice a week. She is as adorable as ever. She has become somewhat controlling concerning things like, her clothing and hair, what color her cereal bowl is and the way her sock seam lays across her toes-(I keep telling myself that's all normal)
She loves EVERYONE and always has something nice to say. Not a day goes by without her telling me she loves me and I'm her best friend or the best mom in the whole wide world. A day doesn't go by without a level 9 or 10 meltdown either- I guess it's a balance.

This little girl keeps me on my toes and I often fall victim to her sweet face and crazy demands. Lilly loves to watch cooking shows, play with friends, paint anyone and everyone's nails/toenails- she loves animals, Barbies, and her American Girl doll Addy. Building forts and pretending could take up her whole day (and mine).

She emptied her piggy bank a couple weeks ago and we counted $50! She wanted to buy Addy some shoes and clothes. Then she saw the 'get well kit' and had to have it. She has been "making Addy feel better" ever since. She is so funny- she loves to watch those medical shows on TV when they are operating on people and there is blood and fatty layers being exposed. ew!



In other news, Marley, Lilly's cousin, chose to get baptized on her 8th birthday. What a beautiful girl she has become. She looked so pretty in her white dress and perfect braids. What a big role this little girl has- to be an example to all those little ones around her.

Lilly wanted to give Marley an American Girl Get Well Kit too- "so we can play together Mom!" she said.

Did I mention Marley's black eye was given to her by her little brother Boden for her special day?- and now Piper has one too. ah, brothers....



If he is going to be so retarded to make a face like this, then I'm going to be smart enough to post it...














































7 comments:

The Falco Family said...

I love your little update!! They are both becoming such the little ladies! I love that Lil is so particular about things, so funny! Megs seems like she can hold her own for sure. So cute!! Love you guys!!

Hollie said...

Very cute pictures Jen. That's funny that Lily likes to watch medical shows. I love the picture of Nate.

CorLesMarBoPiKo said...

What a sweet post. We love your girls, and I burst out laughing at Nates picture and your comment. Funny.

IRISH BERNT'S said...

LOVE THE PICTURES. THINGS LOOK LIKE THEY HAVE BEEN BUSY FOR YOU. SPRING DOES THAT TO US TOO. CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY IN ST. GEORGE NEXT WEEKEND AND HANG OUT WITH YOUR GIRLS EITHER.
LOVE YA!

Stacy said...

I love this post! You saved the best for last!

Kristy said...

Your family is so cute! Lilly sounds a lot like Abby. Abby is really particular about her sock line too! I love how you always have her hair looking so beautiful! We are excited to see you guys soon!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

My socks have to be perfectly lined up with my toes. Derrick thinks I'm crazy...I think it's perfectly normal, and must be a sign of intelligence.