#1- I am and always have been a 'daddy's girl'- I have the most amazing father and as I get older, I only gather more and more reasons to back it. I have always cherished my time with my dad. I remember 'Take your daughter to work day' and several 'Daddy Daughter Dances'. I have watched him give of himself in church callings, community leadership positions, and sometimes even to those who out right do not appreciate his service. I have never once heard him raise his voice toward my mother. I can only thank him for the values he and my mother instilled in me while raising me in the mission field- a strict obedience regarding church attendance, keeping the sabbath day holy, and a love and respect for the priesthood. My favorite thing to do with my dad (or my mom for that matter) is talking in the car- I can remember countless conversations in the car with them- talking things out, reminiscing, and especially- learning from their experience and wisdom.
January 2016
8 years ago
2 comments:
Thank you for your kind and wonderful comments. You made my day. I love you and your great family. Love, Dad
You are a daddy's girl...but so am I. I'm sure you've made your dad proud! kelli
Post a Comment