
These two darlings make me so proud as a mother. Not
wanting to toot my own horn,
buutttt I look at them and have an sense of accomplishment. I truly love tending to their every whimper and whine. I love knowing what they want even when they cannot tell me or may not even know themselves. At times, my job seems
monotonous or maybe even lonely at times, but never do I feel unaccomplished. I relish in the thought of being an expert at what I do- I suppose I should be, considering I work 24 hours (and I do mean EVERY hour) 7 days a week.

It's hard to come up with the perfect adjective to describe my mom.- She does so much for everyone in her life and never gets enough credit for it. She is one of the few people I can say without doubt has my best interest at heart when giving me advice or criticism. I love her dearly and am so grateful for the mothering I receive from her, but since I have become a mother myself, I have even more enjoyed the friendship between us. I love you mom!

Mother's Day BBQ at the Aplingtons

Up to their crazy Merrill family antics-- just waiting for someone to get hurt....
Nate on Zach's shoulders (who is standing on stairs), Cliff holding Nate up by his belt loop, Stacy double handing Nate's leg from below, and to top it off, Heath is standing on the oldest ladder I've ever seen- and it wasn't even all the way pulled open (not by far)! A variation of this scene continued for 20 minutes or so until the light was installed safely. Thank goodness!
---------------------------------------------------
2 comments:
Hey- I loved what you said about your job as a mom. I can totally relate. I hope you had a great mother's day. Hey did you get a new camera?
I am so glad Nate is handy. I knew he had some mad skillz from the day I flooded his home. Boy what a great friend
Post a Comment