Friday, July 13, 2007

Day 9

I made to day 9 of Nate being gone just fine. And with the help of some friends, it was actually enjoyable. um... who knew?! Annie lives just down the street and has a little girl Lilly's age, so we got together one day at the park for lunch and... I ran into another gal I haven't seen or talked to in a long while (Kelli) and we got together for lunch at her house for lunch. Her little girl Mya is just a little older than Lil but they seemed to get along well :) Lil also played with the neighbor girls one night while I got to chat with their mom, Erin. It seems there is more to life than just our family's and our few close friends. It seems I have a really hard time trusting other women to the point where I would really call us friends because I have been betrayed so many times. And I don't forgive or forget very easily at all. It seems life could be better with more people I trust in it so that's something I'll be working on- and of course, Nate will keep his title as 'best friend'. This time away was probably over all for the better but I don't think I'll allow it again. He comes home tomorrow and I can't wait to spend the day with him and Lilly.

1 comment:

teamstowell said...

Confessions of a mother...Finding Anne of Green Gables "bosom friendships" is harder than even she describes it. However, I'm always surprised when I open up a bit, allow someone to serve me (and vice versa), how quickly a friendship can blossom. You're one of the very best friends I could ask for...I am happy to share!