Yesterday, Lilly and I drove Nate to Idaho Falls to the airport to see him off to Alaska. Then we proceeded to drive and hour and 45 minutes to Preston to see my parents before they left for a week. We ate my dad's homemade fried chicken (to which no other chicken- prepared any other way compares (yeah, seriously)), mashed potatoes, amazing gravy, and fresh farm corn. (Thanks dad!) Then we enjoyed sparklers and what appeared to be a variety of fireworks- but seemed to all look the same... that certainly didnt matter to Lil though. She loved every second. I assisted my dad in picking out his wardrobe to go hang with their friends in Branson and finally got into bed about 11:30. What seemed like 5 minutes later, the alarm woke me at 4:30a.m. to take my parents to the airport in salt lake (2 hours away), and since then, we've had lots of fun hanging out today, filling up the pools, and such but, without having Nate to call, or to have him call me... and especially knowing I can't call him makes me mostly sad. It's amazing how slow time goes by without your bestest friend. And let's not forget... it's only the end of day 1..... out of 10. I talked to him about this time last night when they were switching planes. Hopefully I get a little chat tonight before they head off into the wilderness....
UPDATE!!!--- I heard from lover boy and he had a great time halibut fishing in the ocean. He seemed a little sleep deprived and he left me a message on my cell phone so I can hear his voice all week long....but we'll talk again in the morning before they head for the river...
P.S. Talked to him this morning and it made me feel so good... I just love that guy!
January 2016
8 years ago
2 comments:
Hey Jen =)
Why's Nate going to Alaska? Is he bear hunting? I know what you mean about missing your best friend. It's hard when Dave's gone on his little trips but when they come home you've come to appreciate them even more and it's like a renewed happiness when you finally see him again =). Me and Dave just started blogging. I really like your blog =). Lilly's getting so big! I didn't know you were expecting another baby until I read your blog! Congratulations! Me and Dave are planning on trying to start our own little family this fall. I'm really excited. I'm ready to be a mom. Anywho, you can find our blog at http://daveandtoriwilliams.blogspot.com/ so check it out =)
Post a Comment