Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Stranger Danger

Lilly and I were watching the movie Madeline (the one with real people). Madeline and her friend Pepito are kidnapped by 'mean guys'. Lilly asked me what was happening and I saw the opportunity to talk to her about strangers and always staying by mom in stores etc. etc. The conversation went something like this.....


Lilly: What's happening mom?


me: Those mean men took Madeline and Pepito.


Lilly: Away from her mommy?


me: yes. That's what happens if you don't stay by your mommy-- the mean people will take you and you will never see your mommy again.


(Lilly paused before responding to think about what I had just said)


Lilly: Not Uh MOM! No they won't.


me: yes Lilly- that's what will happen.


Lilly: Naww... 'cause I'll shoot 'em!


me: No Lil'- you're too little to fight the bad people. You can't shoot them.


Lilly: Yes I can! Daddy showed me huh!? Like this ... (imitating shooting a gun)

END OF CONVERSATION

5 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

We had a very similar conversation in the mall today when Myah hid from me in JC Penney. Very scary...for me! She was having a great time! I'll never ever forget the time we lost Tannon in the Primm shopping outlets for over half an hour. Speaking of malls, let's meet for lunch soon. When is good for you?

Anonymous said...

Leave it to dad. "We have an announcemnet- we have a lost 3 yr. old, blonde girl wearing a blue dress and she is probably immitating a hunter..." goodness, scary

Stacy said...

Lilly is sure a smart girl. Nate you have yourself a hunting partner for life. By the way Jen you have been tagged. Go to my blog to get instructions.

Anonymous said...

cute story! way to teach her there jen! tonya

teamstowell said...

Lil, you're one sassy chic! Even the circus would be at a loss as how to display all those talents!! I won't worry until she asks for a real gun for her 4th birthday....