
This past Sunday was Nate's 30th birthdaybut I still remember when I introduced myself to that hot 25 year old guy that had it 'going on'. Here are the top 25 reasons why I love him. I know some of these things may seem to be annoyances but I heard once that it's the things like the dirty clothes on the floor that you would miss the most if something ever happened to the one you love.
* Nate is an excellent example of the calibur of friend you would want having your back. He is loyal and true to the core. I have found myself feeling sorry for those that wrong him and lose his respect.
* Nate is a 'doer'. When everyone is sitting around talking about doing something, or wondering how to do something, Nate gets up and does it, or figures out how to do it- he takes action.
* Nate is a manly man. He is so not into outward appearances. I have to threaten death before he will cut his hair.- If he is to let me near his faces with tweezers, scissors, or my fingernails, I know I have to act fast because the window of opportunity to tweeze, snip, and squeeze is only seconds long.

* Nate is our family's provider. Since Lilly was born, he has supported me in staying home to raise our family which is something I cannot imagine giving up and I will forever be grateful for.
* Nate is a cook. He is always in charge of our amazing dutch oven dinners when we are camping. He also cooks at home- the menu is mostly limited to breakfast items and macaroni and cheese but none the less tasty.
-----------------------------------------
* Nate is faithful. I know he has a testimony of the gospel and holds it close. He is commited to his church calling and best of all.... he sings the church hymns (love that). What's up with those men that don't?
-----------------------------------------
* Nate is good with money-- I DO love this about him. He kicks me in the pants a lot but I probably deserve it. He wants desperately to be debt free and we are almost there!
-------------------------------------------
* Nate is honest. I think his integrity goes along with this one. He really isn't into beating around the bush or sugar coating. He'll tell you the truth and if it is something he knows you will have a problem with, he'll stick around to help you think of a solution.
-----------------------------------------------------
* "Because he is my best friend and he loves me all a lot. And he sleeps with me and likes to swim with me." -- this was Lilly's response when I asked her why she loves her dad.
----------------------------------------------------------
* Nate is a mess maker. Clothes on the floor, shoes on the couch, food in the living room, baby cereal left to turn into cement. Seriously, if I left Nate home for a day, I would be able to come home and know exactly what he did because there would be evidence of ever activity.
--------------------------------------------------------
* Nate is my babies' daddy. He takes on diapers, boogers, vomit, baby food, baths, bedtime, crying, whining, and usually finds something to laugh about along the way.
----------------------------------------------------------
* Nate works hard and plays even harder.
-------------------------------------------
* He is smart. Nate is 6 years older than me and I am always learning something from him though sometimes I act as if I already knew.... He knows a lot about, well, a lot.
*Ah Yes, Nate and his sarcasm... I'm sure I would miss this if I all the sudden didn't have it to drive me nuts. Truthfully, the sarcasm is good for me. I take things too seriously sometimes and Nate has this way of making me smile even when I don't want to.
* Have I mentioned that Nate is the sexiest man alive?! - Well he is and I wrote an explicit letter to People magazine when they wanted to put him on the cover.... I mean, c'mon! He is married!
* Nate can chug a water bottle in 2 seconds.... yeah, I know, loveable right? :)
* "Because he feeds me ice cream every chance he gets. He plays peek-a-boo with me and makes me laugh so hard my belly aches"- Megan
* Nate tells me I look beautiful every Sunday on our way to church. (He may say it in between too)
*Nate likes to travel. Since we have been married, we have traveled a lot and we have so much fun. Nate is really good at saving for our little jaunts and I'm good at planning how we will spend our time (and money Nate saved).
* Nate loves his family more than anything and wants what's best for them. He is always trying to talk them into doing or buying certain things because he thinks he knows best. The persuasion has been known to work from time to time like when we all ended up buying our camping trailers.
* Nate has the best laugh. I think I think that because it really isn't easy to get him to laugh really hard but when he does, he has the greatest laugh and does this thing when he exhales - he probably doesn't even know he does it but I love it.
* Nate is a problem solver. He actually gets a little annoyed if there is something he can't fix. If I complain, he tells me what I should do to fix the problem. Sometimes I just want to complain- but he won't have any of that.
* F.Y.I. - Nate very rarely gets sick. He hates to go to the doctor. He actually didn't have a "doctor" until we went for our flu shots this month. When he does get sick, it's nasty and yet, there is nothing that will hold him back from doing what he wants.
* Nate is happy. He NEVER wakes up grouchy in the morning. (That might have something to do with how sound he sleeps). He is generally, always in a good mood.
* Nate finds time for just me, not often enough in my opinion, but it is always fun and he has been known to splurge on me during those outings.
I love you Nate! Happy Birthday!
4 comments:
WOW.... I Can't believe it's the big THREE 0. We are sure getting old. Life goes by so fast. I would have to agree on you with Nate being a "true friend", he has been such a great friend through the years. Oh and you should of mentioned him being able to drink a Mountain Dew in "2 seconds" too. We love you Nate... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
What a sweet blog post! Happy Birthday Nate!!!
We agree Nate is awesome! And old! When did our husbands get old? But don't you think they just get better with age! Happy Birthday! We miss you guys!
We love Nate like a son, too. We are proud of all he does! Cudos to his parents for raising such a fine son.
Post a Comment