Friday, October 10, 2008

V for VICTORY!

and so, this morning, Nate thumped his 4x7 deer and by the look on his face, he was happy about it. This deer was shot at a handful of times by different hunters before it stampeded straight for Nate and he got the 'perfect shot' in. (290 yards)
He was hunting with his business partner, Justin Jones, Hal Jones (Justin's dad), and Lyle (a friend of Hal)
.....still smiling....
When he got home, Lilly peeked over the truck bed to see it and was verbally disappointed that it wasn't bigger. And I quote, "..but, I wanted a really big huge one...." She wasn't scared either. She just wanted to get up in and touch it.... ew

9 comments:

IRISH BERNT'S said...

CONGRATS! THAT IS A NICE LOOKING BUCK. JARED IS DONE TOO. NEXT TIME WE GO WITH THE BOYS, LETS JUST CAMP. NICE JOB NATE! WE ARE EXCITED FOR YOU!

Mohna said...

Wow! Congrats Nate! That looks like a really nice deer!

Hope said...

Jen, you will have to tell Nate congrats. Dustin went archery hunting in Idaho and didn't get anything. He'll be jealous when he sees this!

herbie said...

That's awesome, and I'm so glad there's a picture to prove the great hunting skills!! hehe Make sure and save us some of that yummy jerky!!

thecobbfamily said...

Go NATE!!! Can you send me some of that delicious sausage ... YUM! And what a doll that Lil is! Are the boys going to go crazy for her or what (Jen you're in trouble). I mean GORGEOUS and ... can stand the sight of blood. Now if that isn't the perfect girl I don't know what is!!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Ew is right. I'm not feeling too bad that Derrick isn't a huntin man! Aren't you glad that he got his deer so fast, so now he doesn't have to leave and go hunting any more, right? Great pics. I love catchin up! kelli

Mrs. Cindy Hull said...

Only in Idaho or maybe Alabama would a dad stand a 3 year old next to a dead animal and tell her to smile 'rel big for the camera. If Nate keeps this up he may be able to get Lil on the program My Big Redneck Wedding!

Matt, Emily & Dylan said...

Hey Jen! I found you by linking in off Jess and Austin! How are you? Your family is so cute!! I have not seen/talked to you in years!!!!!!

Kristy said...

Sweet Kill, One of these times you are going to have to teach me your hunting skills. I told Abby that I want to going hunting with you. She said, "Dad why do you want to kill Gods creatures." I guess I won't show her your pictures. Hunting finally pays off, Congrats Nate.