Tuesday, October 7, 2008

9 1/2 Month Update

Megan is growing like the hair on my husband's face (FAST!)- The entire family accompanied her to the doctor for her checkup today-- and as an added bonus, we ALL got our flu shots while we were there. : ]
Waiting for our shots.....
so Megan was weighed and measured and the results were a little surprising even though I knew she would measure big. Here they are...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weight: 21 lbs. 15 ounces - 90 percentile
Height: 28 1/2 inches - 75 percentile
Head Size: 46 cm - 95 percentile
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Milestones
Crawling
Clapping
Waving 'Hi' and 'Bye'
Pulling herself up on furniture
and FINALLY holding her own bottle! (this was more me letting her do it)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
So since she has started waving, she consistently waves and Nate ANYTIME she sees him. Even if it was 10 minutes ago-- she waves. I can only assume it's because he is always in and out all day. Her relationship with her daddy is so cute. He will talk to her real sweet and kind of flirty like when I'm holding her and she will shy away and hide her face in my chest-- totally playing hard to get. It is so endearing!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Another funny thing that happened- today Meg had pooped her pants and when she saw me coming with wipes and a diaper, she immediately started crawling as fast as she knew how, away from me--- laughing. I couldn't help but laugh too...that was a great 'first'.

So Dr. Burton asked me if there were any concerns I had regarding Megan and I described our family's sleeping habits... or lack thereof.... Megan is still waking up between 2-4 times a night, and Lilly wakes up jusst to climb out of her bed and into our bed. We have a king and by the morning, Nate and I are down to just a couple inches on either side. So the doctor gave us a couple suggestions and we are hopeful that we will rid ourselves of sleepless nights and grumpy daily dispositions. (just to be safe, cross your fingers for us)

We couldn't be more thankful for our healthy, happy girls.

4 comments:

Hollie said...

I have to comment and say that I love the picture in the Dr office with Nate and the girls looking up at him. Nate doesn't look too excited to be there or maybe he just doesn't want his picture taken. Travis would of done the same thing. Have a great day!

IRISH BERNT'S said...

HOLY COW, WHAT A BIG GIRL. HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL. THEY ARE SO STINKING CUTE-I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW FAST THE LAST YEAR HAS GONE-WOW! WE LOVE YA!

The Falco Family said...

What a great update!! Pretty soon miss megan will be walking/running away from those diaper changes =) Love you guys

Nicky said...

Don't feel bad - my 2 MONTH old weighed 14 pounds at his appointment!! ugghhh!! Sleeping arrangements...we had the same problem with Brayden. We finally made a bed for him every single night, on the floor right by our bed. Then when he came in during the night, he wasn't traumatized by being sent back, but he wasn't quite as comfy on the floor either. The first couple weeks, I would have to reach my hand down to the floor and hold his hand for comfort while he fell back to sleep. Eventually he decided his bed was more comfy. We've done this with each child since, and it has worked great!